Thursday, August 01, 2024

Kratos Underpainting

A first of the month, so a backup day, then a full day of painting the Kratos painting. It's high in detail and perhaps doesn't require a glaze. I didn't paint a colour study this time, which I perhaps should, as I didn't consider the background. In my head, it was in a cavern or cave, like Hades perhaps, but I drew mountains in the underdrawing. Time, however, is short here. My deadline for total completion is 4 weeks away.

Generally I'm feeling exhausted and weak, but life is work, time is limited. Mozart is not remembered for the days he spent resting. The Olympics are a great inspiration. In art we all win gold, but also silver, bronze, and 'did-not-finish'; for we compete with ourselves and the job is never complete, victory ever elusive.

Onwards we push.