Friday, August 09, 2024

Kratos Frame, Caged Bird 2

Now I know the size of the Kratos painting I can start work on the frame, so I began the day cutting this. I will be a semi-cabinet work, so I had to find the right hinges. I think I'll need M3 bolts, but I don't have any so I'll need to order some specifically. I'll also need to find the circuit boards. I'll find those first so that I know how long the bolts need to be. Time is short.

This my first frame since I programmed my new framing software. It helped a bit, not much. Some aspects needed improving, so I spent an hour upgrading it.

Then, work on the 'parrot man' painting. I did more work on the frame decoration, then realised that I'll need to add wooden inserts to make it possible to fit mirror plates, so I put those in. This in effect made the painting on panel 30mm too big.

Looking at the painting, I remained unhappy with it. I decided to prepare a new canvas board and trace over the drawing, ready to paint a second version. Painting the second Kratos worked well, and was a lesson. I decided to make a lighting model with cardboard and hot-melt glue. Doing this was far quicker than a computer model and much better looking.

It's been a month of battles and frustrations so far. This, 2024, a year of destiny, but will it be joyous or disastrous? The tumult of the week reminds me that we are all adrift in a torrent of fate. The difference between us is our attitude to our lack of control. We can wrestle the paddles to try to steer and stay afloat, but the struggle is tiring and never-ending. Our efforts may be futile, but our gift of energy to the water is, at least, a mark of our existence in the grand map of eternity.