Saturday, May 25, 2024

Event Filing, Argus, German Expressionist Film

Another full day. Started by filing the 'Tuesdays' Open Mic events, for my website and for the Fall in Green. Then listing our next Fall in Green event, a small show for Crewe's 'Statue for Ada' campaign. In the afternoon, I assembled Argus for Steam, the final compilation and texting on that platform. All was complete by about 5pm.

I feel tired now, at a loose end, disillusioned with hopes. A few hours rest may be a good thing. My new weeks start on Sunday, which is unusual in Britain, yet I've always thought of the start of the week as Sunday. For the up-and-coming week, my tasks are to create a Cat Covid video, and something for the art video programme. The working title for that is 'Kabinet V', evoking German Expressionist Film. I thought how amazing it is that abstract visual art is now dominant, yet abstract film so rare. I can't recall ever seeing a film designed only to evoke a mood through non-realistic imagery in the way that abstract paintings are.