Sunday, May 12, 2024

Rehearsals

Slower day. I completed the preparations for the sheet music release, and assembled the Spotify Canvases. I dislike Spotify. They don't pay artists enough, seeing them as a free source of money rather than partners; an understandable view given the quantity of artists, but I can't see myself always listing must there. The same goes for my distributor Distrokid, who has close ties with Spotify. When I listed music with Emubands, my royalties were considerably higher, with considerably fewer plays. I have over 30 published albums, so any decision here will be important and strategic, something for the long term.

Much of today was spent rehearsing for the 'Tuesdays on Wednesday' performance this Wednesday. I had thought ab out performing a somewhat off-piste version of Incomplete Version, but I'll perform 'Cat Parasites' instead, plus 'Excessive Consumption Has Laxative effects'.

Slower the day may have been but I've still worked for all of it.