Thursday, May 16, 2024

Tuesdays On Wednesday, Bull Dream, Argus Manual

A lovely night all round yesterday. Everyone performed well and the atmosphere in the room was full of warmth and pleasure. There were plenty of performances with gusto, and several which were touching. As soon as June Holland sings though, she does somehow blast the rest of the line-up out of the metaphorical water. Quite stunning. I wish Andy Stubbs could be there. Deb performed Clown Face and Dead Hand brilliantly and I was happy with my performances too, a step better than before.

It was a late night and I woke later after a disturbed night of sweats and a nightmare about a loose bull in a street. I was in some sort of library, in a futuristic town of cobbled streets. The new building had a leaky roof, and was empty, I was somehow early, before it became busy. I can't recall seeing other people I knew in the dream.

I launched a new Flatspace IIk Music Bundle today, and spent most of the afternoon and evening working on the Argus Manual. I have plans but feel uncertain and a little directionless... perhaps too many options.

I'm a little unsure of The Mark Sheeky Show, as an idea of surrealistic arty shorts. Should I call it something else? Once I use my name I can't rebrand later. I had a second idea of an indie music showcase instead, like a micro version of The Tube. Or should that be 'as well', instead of 'instead'. Options options!

I wrote 4000 to 6000 words on the manual. It's a lot harder work than expected, perhaps I should set a time budget, as do not expect success from it, based on recent software forays. I'm charging at many things, not to swim ahead but to avoid drowning.

More Argus tomorrow. I must move onwards quickly and efficiently.