Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Tuesday, Prometheus v3.36

It's another 'Tuesdays' Open Mic tonight, so part of my day has been about practice and preparation for this. Paul Parish has confirmed he'll be there, so he and I will play his song 'You'll Be The One', plus 'Cat Covid!'. He plans on performing one or two others solo too.

I decided to update Prometheus today with some of the new features included in Argus. The display will now stretch to the screen size, filling it for the first time.

That shows the Kabinet V intro music, most of which is a MIDI sequence for export. The orange lights mean those tracks are guide tracks, not sounded. The blue lines are controller events, the long strip being a gradual increase of the MODX 'SuperKnob'.

I'm wondering if, for the first episode of Kabinet V, I explain how I made the title sequence. That may be a bit different in terms of cultural content, but perhaps the 2024 way of making this sort of thing will be of interest in the distant future. It would also serve as a demonstration of Argus.